Like the name suggests, Garlic Pizza is rich in garlic content and spicy in taste. It is unique because of the high quantity of garlic and the usage of two different kinds of pepper. The dough continues to be that of the regular kind, but the addition of parsley gives more taste to this pizza. It is usually a quick snack for most and is widely famous all across USA. For those who like their pizza spicy, Garlic Pizza is the ideal choice.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
For the dough:
- One pack of active dry yeast of 1/4th ounce
- 110 degree F heated, 1 cup of warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Sugar
- All purpose flour around 2 1/4th to 2 ½ cups
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4th tablespoon salt
- 1/4th tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4th tablespoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- Take a large bowl and add the active yeast and warm water into it. Stir it in sugar, and let it rest for 10 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Take another bowl and mix 2 ¼ cups of flour and salt in it. Add oil and the yeast mixture to it until, stiff dough is formed.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead for about five minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Keep adding extra flour to it, to prevent it from sticking to the surface.
- Coat the dough with oil or butter and cover the bowl with a wet towel or plastic wrap. Keep it in a warm place and let it rise for about 30 minutes. It should become double in size.
- Heat a saucepan on low heat and melt butter in it. Add peeled cloves of garlic to the butter mixture. Cook the garlic for about 10 to 15 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Heat the skimmed milk in a microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Add flour to the butter – garlic mixture and whisk for about 2 minutes. Add warmed milk, pepper and basil to the mixture. Whisk all of them together. Continue heating them on medium heat, whisking often. Once it thickens and is bubbly, leave it to cool off.
- Take out the dough and roll or stretch it on a 12 – 15 inch greased pizza pan.
- Pour garlic sauce on top of the unbaked pizza crust and spread it within ½ to 3/4th inch from the edge.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top of the garlic sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan and Parsley too.
- Slide the Pizza into the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes until the crust is golden and the toppings are bubbly. Go for quality ovens, like the ones offered by Californo.
- Take out, slice and serve hot with oregano and chili flakes.